Update: George Romero is now remaking his 1972 film Crazies. It’s about a Pennsy town that accidentally has a bio weapon dumped in their water supply, which I guess drives them crazy. Of course, it may not look any different from your typical Steelers game.
Some horror remakes in development:
- Nightmare on Elm Street is getting a complete overhaul, which I assume means the end of Robert Englund in the title role.
- The Birds will be remade and star Naomi Watts. I’m sure it will be just as good as when they remade Psycho.
- The Wolf Man is being remade and will have Benicio Del Toro in the title role with Anthony Hopkins co-starring.
- The Invisible Woman isn’t really a remake, but it’s in the same territory. It will be directed by Matt Reeves, and might not happen until he directs the sequel to Cloverfield.
- Young Frankenstein is more of a horror parody, but it has been remade as a Broadway play. “Premium” tickets cost $450 (and no, that’s not a scalper or eBay price).